Primitive Eyes and Giordano Bruno

I'm sort of investigating an idea of primitive vision (as in: "how did it evolve?"), artificial neural networks and the Arduino.

I'm making a primitive eye, deliberately avoiding video cameras. Here it is partially constructed:


It is all very hand made and I was experimenting with the positioning of the sensors (LDRs). I struck me that the drawing on the piece of hardware looked very like one of Giordano Bruno's strange diagrams, for example:

Bruno's diagram is called Campus Martis.

There are 7 sensors. I could have chosen 9 7 5 or 3. But I chose 7 because, believe it or not, I thought to myself, Newton would have liked 7. He chose 7 as the number of colors in the rainbow, but the choice is arbitrary, unless you consider the magical powers assigned to the number 7. And Newton did.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3D printers – about time I got one eh?

How I don't learn from experience