Whatever happened to...?

 When I was studying in Yokohama, Japan, in the 1980s, Brian Eno came to Tokyo. As part of his visit he was to give a talk.


.

I bought tickets for myself, an Australian friend and two Japanese girls. I annoyed the hell out of them by insisting we got there early, then we had to wait around for an hour or so. I sat by the building...


...unabashed at the long wait I'd forced on the others.

Anyway, of the whole talk I don't remember anything, except when a Japanese bloke asked Brian Eno how he got the atmospheric feeling you hear/feel in the tracks of On Land.

 


 The Japanese bloke said he just could not get the same "feel". Brian replied that he could give no advice except to keep on trying and trying and trying.

And every now and then, sometimes when I listen to On Land, I wonder if the Japanese bloke ever got to create the music he wanted to.  And whatever happened to him in the end?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3D printers – about time I got one eh?

How I don't learn from experience