When I can't sleep...

When I can't sleep I listen out for dogs barking in the night. 


I don't know why but it makes me feel good.

 


The train line from Gallarate to Milano is close by, and I listen out for trains too. The idea of mysterious voyages in the night can make me fall asleep. This is linked to Toranomon Station when I lived in Tokyo. It means "Tiger Gate". Romantic.


Planes are almost as good as trains, flying passed the Moon maybe.

Flying through the night as I lie in bed.



If those fail, then reciting poems I'm learning by heart can sometimes do it. And Death Shall Have No Dominion. Out Revels Now Are Over. She Walks In Beauty Like The Night. The Eagle. I Met A Traveller...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3D printers – about time I got one eh?

How I don't learn from experience