A silver horse, a wasted youth.

I complain to my daughter that she spends too much time on her smartphone.

Then I remembered something I did when I was a boy in the 1960s in East Anglia.


We had basically 2 TV channels available.



BBC and ITV



Our ITV channel was Anglia Television.



Anglia Television children's programs started at something like 4:30 p.m.



When bored, I switched on the TV at 3:30 p.m.



During the day, when no programming was on, Anglia TV would broadcast a rotating knight in armour astride a horse. Handel's Watermusic was the sound track.



And I would watch it from 3:30 till 4:30. Around and around and around.


So however much my daughter spends on her cellphone, at least she does not spend an hour watching a model knight in armour go around and around. And around.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3D printers – about time I got one eh?

How I don't learn from experience