Spider on Mint

I've already blogged about how much I like my Veho (and how to get 200X magnification out of it) so when I saw a tiny spider on my mint plant I decided it was time to get the USB microscope out again.

I brought the mint plant into the house onto the computer table, but as usual getting things into focus and at a decent magnification is a bit of a struggle. I managed like this:


You can see the tiny dot of the spider in real life and its image from the Veho on the screen. It is about 1mm large. I balanced the microscope stand on a book and a box and was careful not to break the web of the spider:
It was disturbed by me poking around in its jungle and started to run around a bit. I managed to get a few more nice shots:

The motion blur below was caused by the spider running around too much.



Aren't nature, science and engineering wonderful?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3D printers – about time I got one eh?

How I don't learn from experience