The first day of Summer is, happily, the start of the descent into darkness.

 June the 20th (or 21st depending on the year) is the first day of Summer. But is also the Summer solstice, or longest day of the year. Here in Northern Italy the maximum daily temperature will continue to rise till the middle of August. I prefer the cold, and dislike muchly the hot and humid Milan Summers. The Summer solstice gives me a little boost. I take comfort from knowing that from the 20th onwards the Sun will be shining less and less each day.

And you notice this descent into darkness by the strangeness of the early morning light, which arrives later every morning.

The light feels gentler and the air feels cooler, at least in the mornings.

 

And so we trick ourselves into thinking everything is going to be alright.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3D printers – about time I got one eh?

How I don't learn from experience