What he says is rubbish. But he stared at me like one who knows the truth and knows that all the world denies him. Small angry eyes. Quite unpleasant. Quite disturbing,
I was reviewing some calculus (at 60 years old? why? a long story) and it suddenly struck me that the derivative of y = x-cubed and all the calculus like it is amazing: The 3 comes down in front of the x and the same three is replaced by a power one less powerful. How come it is so simple, clean and elegant? And some people think that maths is a human invention, but the fact that derivatives are useful and complete and accurate in the real physical world proves (to me) that maths is not a human invention. The world follows their laws. And if humans had not invented calculus the physical world would carry on echoing the laws of calculus. For some reason this led me to think about theism and atheism, and that often they use the same arguments, really, in the end, when push comes to shove: Theist: God did it (whatever it is). Atheist: The universe exists because it does. Neither phrase, assertion, is satisfactory to me. So I have no choice but to be agnostic. Current...
Settembre 1997, Biennale di Venezia, Unimplosive Art Dicembre 2004, Villa Pomini, Castellanza Settembre 2005, Biblioteca di Pregnana Milanese. Settembre 2009, Studio F22 Palazzolo sull'Oglio (BS) 6 quadri, 12 immagini... Le stesse opere da diversi punti di vista Ottobre 2010, con Silvia Menuzzi, Spazio Zero, Gallarate. Maggio 2019, Famiglia Legnanese, Legnano Novembre 2022, Atelier Ferioli , Legnano, Pura Vanità Lo stesso disegno da diversi punti di vista. Maggio 2023, Pregnana Milanese, Vanità Pura. Giugno 2023 Volpara (PV) (organizzato da Claudio Mori) Video delle sculture (1) Video delle sculture (2) Disegni 2020
"Hells bells!" I thought to myself. "It's Valentine's Day!" And though it is very commercial, you can't ignore it. Not if you're married to an Italian. Not if you don't want to wake up dead on the 15 th . So, just in time, I went to the florists and bought seven red roses. I was lucky, there were no other customers, plenty of roses left. (Seven. That's right isn't it? I mean. Twelve seems such an unromantic number. 12 inches to the foot. And twenty-four! That is even more unromantic. Twenty four hours in a day – boring. But seven is a magic lucky number.) As I handed the florist the money I thought: "It seems only yesterday that I was doing this very same thing, and yet it was a year ago." And when my wife came in that night she was very pleased to see the vase with the seven roses in the center of the table. "They're lovely! But why?" It struck me then that it ...
Comments
Post a Comment