When The Dog Dies, Robin and Wendy's Wet Weekends

 In this post : For Reasons Beyond My Control I listed a few of my favourite comedy shows, but I'd forgotten two. The first is "When The Dog Dies", written by Ian Davidson and Peter Vincent, with Ronnie Corbett and Liza Tarbuck.


 You'd imagine a quiet gentle comedy, and it sounds like that initially, but the deep grasping nastiness of Ronnie's children and the sexiness of his lodger (Liza Tarbuck, always half dressed or in tight leather it seems) gives an edge to the comedy.

 Then there's "Robin And Wendy's Wet Weekends":


 It is written by and stars Kay Stonham and Simon Greenall. It is about Robin and Wendy Mayfield, a childless couple from Stevenage. Robin is obsessed with Mayfield, the model village he has built in their garage.

Again it sounds like a "gentle comedy" but involves (for example), adulterous sex with a dying man in a hospital.

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3D printers – about time I got one eh?

How I don't learn from experience