"He lives on in his music" - "Not really."

 My Mum used to sing in a choir in Bigglewade. At one time the leader of the choir said that Handel lived on in his music. And my Mum said:

"Well, he doesn't really."

The reply was: "His music is alive for him."

And my Mum said: "But he doesn't know that does he?"

I don't know how the conversation finished, she didn't tell me or I have forgotten. But I was reminded of it when I was watching Ricky Gervais in his Armageddon show. He said that people talk about what he wants to leave behind, his "legacy". He said that he didn't care about his "legacy" because he would be dead and not be there to see it.

I suppose the only way someone can enjoy their legacy is by dreaming or fantasizing about it while they are alive. But there is no guarantee your legacy will be as you imagine it.


 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I don't learn from experience

How to use the wonderful Veho microscope